Take It Away
I just walked in the rain last night to burn off food calories. Little did I know that I would need to take another walk to burn off more calories.
What kind of calories, you say? Well, the absolutely deliciously chocolaty kind. The creamy chocolaty fudge kind.
Frosting Mix Not Marshmallow Creme
All of the family savored two pieces of homemade fudge last night. My son, Austin, found a recipe for fudge on Naturally Nora’s website. Apparently you can make chocolate fudge by using her “Cheerful Chocolate” Frosting Mix. When choosing to use Naturally Nora’s Frosting, you don’t need to use marshmallow creme that is a common ingredient used in many fudge recipes.
Take it Away
The Naturally Nora fudge became quickly devoured in our family. Well, at least as much of it as I would allow them to eat.
I wanted some fudge left for after today’s lunch. But now I say… Take it away. Or, I’m gonna have to take an extra long walk tonight even if it’s forecasted to rain. With my stomach full of fudge, I guess I better check the weather forecast for tonight… just in case.
- 1 box Naturally Nora Cheerful Chocolate Frosting Mix
- 6 TB, unsalted butter, plus additional to grease pan
- 4 TB Milk
- 2 cups (1 12oz. bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- BUTTER (lightly) an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- MELT 6 TB butter until liquid.
- MIX melted butter, milk, and frosting mix on high speed with an electric mixer, or stir by hand until fluffy in a large bowl.
- MELT chocolate chips in microwave according to package instructions.
- SCRAPE melted chocolate chips into bowl of frosting, stirring until combined.
- SPREAD into 8×8 inch pan and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- CUT into squares and serve. Makes 3 dozen small squares.